From: rsyslog-boun...@lists.adiscon.com
[mailto:rsyslog-boun...@lists.adiscon.com] On Behalf Of Rodrian, Logan P (IS)
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:27 PM
To: rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com
Subject: [rsyslog] Max Message Size

Hello-

I am using rsyslog across machines to send logs.  I have the $MaxMessageSize
global directive set on both machines to 4096 (4k).  Using wireshark between
the machines, I can see that the message text I am trying to send (2694) is
transmitted in its entirety.  However, the syslog log file on the receiving end
indicated the 2694 message was too big and was truncated to 2048, the 2k
default.  I believed that setting the directive as I did would affect the
receiving size, but it appears not.  How can I modify the message receive max
size for an imtcp module?

Logan Rodrian