On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 20:30 +0100, Damian Kaczkowski wrote:
> On 25 March 2013 19:57, Philippe Muller <philippe.mul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Using imtcp, you can define an input name :
> > input(type="imtcp" name="tcp10514" port="10514")
> >
> > And you will find the same name in the "inputname" property.
> >
> > Unfortunately, we can't define a custom name on imudp inputs.
> >

> Thanks for tip Philippe. This is exactly what would do the trick for me.
> Too bad its only available for "imtcp".
>
> @Rainer: Are there any chances for this to be implemented in "imudp" in
> future releses?
I just added that capability, and a bit more ;)

Have a look at the samples in the (new) doc page:
http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/imudp.html

In esscence, you can set "inputname" now to the listner port.
Unfortunately, there is no way to define port ranges -- this is far more
complex than it looks.

This will be released as part of 7.3.9 soon (probably today or tomorrow
if nothing really bad happens during the finishing touches).

Rainer