Hello David,

On 01/17/2014 06:15 PM, David Lang wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Assaf Gordon wrote:

BUT,
If I understood the idea behind "RELP" correctly, the client-side
"rsyslogd" should know and detect that those messages were not ACK'd,
hence not delivered.

your understanding matches mine that only message 11 should be lost.

Are you sure the other messages are not being sent? the order of the
messages is not preserved so they will show up out of order.

I'm not sure, but I've waited more than a minute.
Is there a longer expected re-transmission time?

we would want to look at the configuration and possibly debug log on the
sending system. It's possible that it's not configured to keep messages
that it runs into delivery failures on. If you have a client that's only
sending these test messages, the debug logs should be reasonable to go
through.

I did not configure any special cases for failures (not sure how to do that).

My configuration is extremely simple (I even disabled "tls" just to be safe).

Server side:
--
module(load="imrelp" ruleset="relp")
input(type="imrelp" port="20517" tls="off")

Client side:
--
module(load="imuxsock" SysSock.Use="off")
module(load="omrelp")

I've created logs of rsyslogd (with "-n -d").

The client side log:
  http://pastebin.com/784EHw0J

Server side Log, Part 1 (message 1 to 11, then server killed):
  http://pastebin.com/i2F1rd8W

Server side Log, Part 2 (messages 44 to 50, a new server process):
  http://pastebin.com/aGGqF1CV

If you lookup the text "Message 13" in the client log, what follows is the disconnect ("relp session 0xcbfa30 flagged as broken, IO error").

Then lookup the text "Message 43" - just above it is the reconnection to the new server process.

It's also possible that you are running into some other problem. what
version are you running?

I'm using:
 librelp 1.2.2
 libee 0.4.1