I'm having problems with 8.2.2 as installed with the RPMs in the Adiscon Repo.
Its odd, but for some reason, when installed onto a CentOS 5 system, the yum
install hangs on Cleanup. On further investigation I have found that the init.d
script is hanging on startup and that if you manually run the rsyslogd command
it never releases you after you start it up. It acts like you have started it
in the foreground.

Even more interesting I tested things by just replacing the 8.2.2 init.d script
with the one from the 7.4.6 and it started without issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Aside from building my own RPMs which I was
actually attempting to get away from. I had been doing that with the 7.4.6
line/.

Thanks!

-- James