So I have been thinking, how badly would it impact performance and difficult
would it be to change the field() function so that instead of populating a
variable with *** FIELD NOT FOUND *** you could have that be default but give
the option to have it replace it something else? For example changing
field($msg, 94,2) to instead look like this field($msg, 94,2, "Unknown")

It would be extremely nice to be able to specify what that returns with when it
was not able to find a field.

-- James