On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Rainer Gerhards
<rgerha...@hq.adiscon.com> wrote:
> So here it is:
>
> https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/tree/master-omkafka
>
> I have deliberately left out the impstats calls as I saw you included them
> in your source, so feel free to add them again ;)
>
> Note that there is a different approach to parameters: my version has only
> very few hardcoded ones, but instead permits the user to set actual kafka
> parameters via the confparam and topicparam parameters. In my experience,
> this is far better with a rapidly evolving backend, because now any new or
> changed parameter is immediately available.
>
> I'll write up some bare doc later today. So far this is tested on Ubuntu
> 14.04LTS only, and I would *deeply* appreciate if you (and anyone else)
> could test it - especially as I have only very limited Kafka know-how and
> no real use case myself.
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer

Great! Looks much better than my original version, the "dynamic"
configuration for conf and topicconf are definitely a win there
(hardcoding is the worst).
I had submitted my pull request with the template enabled topics, I
had to shuffle some of the items around to make the topics work on
each call of writeKafka.

Found here:
https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/pull/186

Tait