First of all, it's nice to see Chris patch and work. Much appreciated. I am
still a bit on my CI-induced backlog, but hope to be able to finish that
either today or tomorrow. Than at latest I can have a deeper look. Just a
quick comment for now:

> Sorry, I missed the documentation patch somehow. Thanks for correcting.
>
> I don't like 'or' because that is exactly what multiple rules with same
> prefix do.

I agree, I don't like the idea as well.

> It's a little more verbose, but much more readable too.
>
> I don't think introducing multiple ways of doing the same thing is a good
> idea.

Without the ability to go into more specifics at the moment, it very much
looks like I will be able to concentrate much more on liblognorm for quite
a bit in the coming monthm, as part of a research project. If so, I will
probably also re-think the rule language and there may be smarter ways to
handle it than we currently do. At least for now, I think we should not do
the "or" part.

Rainer