Hello,

I've enabled “syncqueuefiles” for a disk queue and am now seeing some
errors. The rsyslog debug log shows:

error 14 opening directory file for fsync() use – fsync for directory
disabled: Bad address

I've tracked this back to the stream for the qi file. The variable
'bSync' is being set to true but the variable 'pszDir' is not. This
causes the stream to call open on a null 'pszDir'.

The function syncFile() in stream.c supports syncing just the file
without syncing the directory so I guess it's valid for qi stream to
not have a directory set. Is this the desired behavior? If so, a null
check could be added to stream.c where it attempts to open the
directory. If not, the directory could be assigned to the qi stream.
Please advise and I can work on a patch.

Thanks,
Andy Ruch