Limiting the number of batches within a given interval is conceptually
similar to the index refresh rate setting in elasticsearch itself.  At
first blush I like this idea, as it is simple to understand the impact on
when a given log line will be available within elasticsearch if I know this
interval and know my index refresh interval.