one thing I don't see in the changelog is some fixes for segfaults that have been reported by different people. In my case it doesn't seem to have completely solved the problem, but it's greatly reduced it. (seems to be related to json-c and multi-threaded race conditions)

David Lang

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015, Florian Riedl wrote:

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:58:14 +0200
From: Florian Riedl <fri...@adiscon.com>
To: rsyslog-users <rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>
Subject: [rsyslog] rsyslog 8.13.0 (v8-stable) released

Hi all,

We have released rsyslog 8.13.0.

This release sports a big number of changes. While most are bugfixes, there
are also some additions to existing functionality, most notably the
enhancements for ZeroMQ and Redis modules.
For more details, please take a look at the Changelog.

ChangeLog:

http://www.rsyslog.com/changelog-for-8-13-0-v8-stable/

Download:

http://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/