David - I'm sure I could get some time to devote to shepherding this, and I
could get some time and resources from our community team to write some
articles / tutorials about rsyslog + mmnormalize and generate some
publicity for the project.  Additionally I have access to a decently large
sampling of logs from a reasonably scaled environment for testing.

If this is something people are interested in and the only blocker is time
and resources let me talk to a couple of people today and I'll update the
list.

Cheers,
Brian