Hi

(Moving from grok to liblognorm) We are trying to store a literal as a variable, as we were doing using grok. eg: (?<cmd>ACCEPT)
We aren't sure if this is correct:

   rule=:%{"type":"literal", "text":"a", "name":"var"}%

As stated in http://www.liblognorm.com/files/manual/configuration.html#full-json-format

   /*the literal text shall not be stored inside an output variable*;
   for this reason no name attribute is given (we could also have used
   "name":"-" which achives the same effect but is more verbose)./

Does this means we shouldn't store the literal as variable? What If we need to?

   /*using the “literal” parser in JSON should be avoided currently*;
   the experimental version does have some rough edges where conflicts
   in literal processing will not be properly handled. This should not
   be an issue in “closed environments”, like “repeat”, where no such
   conflict can occur./

Is that still recommended? How could I "parse and store" a literal using condensed format?

Regards