Thanks for your answers.

I'll also try to have a look on this.

El 21/12/16 a las 17:48, matthew.gaetano escribió:
Though the examples given are specific modifications for aspects of
Elasticsearch 5.X i believe the modification method would be valid for any
version of Elasticsearch supported by omelasticsearch. To be honest I am not
familiar with how omelasticsearch interfaces with ES (which is using a json
body), where as I am more familiar with the direct head requests to ES.

  It is through assumptions and trial/error that this works. And I assume any
index related settings could be used.

ES version is based on node, so the cluster doesn't have an overall ES
version listed (as far as I can tell), so one would have to query the node
that the request is being sent to. Using curl it would be simply:

curl -XGET 'localhost:9200'  # where localhost is the ip or hostname of the
target ES node.

the output looks like:
{
   "name" : "node_name",
   "cluster_name" : "cluster_name",
   "cluster_uuid" : "dhB2-TUeRN2LyWmhhN1WJQ",
   "version" : {
     "number" : "5.0.2",
     "build_hash" : "f6b4951",
     "build_date" : "2016-11-24T10:07:18.101Z",
     "build_snapshot" : false,
     "lucene_version" : "6.2.1"
   },
   "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Too filter out the version number use:
curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/?filter_path=version.number'

output:
{
   "version" : {
     "number" : "5.0.2"
   }
}

Another way to possible check would be to use the node api.
curl -XGET
'localhost:9200/_nodes/_local/info?filter_path=nodes.*.version&pretty'

output:
{
   "nodes" : {
     "F6UMqjbmQCO5-IqFeKzfDQ" : {
       "version" : "5.0.2"
     }
   }
}

Note that "_local" equates to the node the request was sent to. Though there
are other ways to lookup the nodes based on other attributes this seems
easiest. Since its restricted to local we wont need to know the node id and
can just use a wildcard. Note that the "&pretty" at the end is to make the
output readable and is not required.

Thanks

~Regards

-----