On Wed, 18 Jan 2017, mostolog--- via rsyslog wrote:

This might be not enough yet to diagnose, but here's an spoiler. We have managed to review configuration and improve memory footprint, but still growing over time and ends being killed by oom:

  module(load="impstats" log.file="/data/stats.log")
  syslog.=debug /data/rsyslog-stats

  global(
       MaxMessageSize="32k"

just a note that that's a rather large message size.

       workDirectory="/data"
  parser.escapeControlCharactersOnReceive="off"
  )
  input(
       type="imrelp"
       ruleset="relp"
  )

you are obviously not showing us the full config, because nothing loads the relp module.

  ruleset(
       name="relp"
       queue.filename="relp"
       queue.maxdiskspace="1G"
       queue.SaveOnShutdown="on"
       queue.type="LinkedList"
       ) {
       action(
           type="mmjsonparse"
       )
       if $parsesuccess == "FAIL" then {
           call error #to write error.log
           stop
       }
       action(
           type="mmnormalize"
           #actually it's doing nothing, cause liblognorm issues.
       )

what issues?

       set some variables;
       if $!app != $!app then {
           call unknown #to write unk.log
           stop
       }
       #this line include files with if's to re-set variables
       $IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/apps/conf/3*.conf

we would need to see what these have in them.

       call clean
       set a few variables;
       action(
           type="omelasticsearch"
       )
  }
  #include other rulesets to handle other things, like error or unknown
  $IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/apps/conf/4*.conf

we would need to see what these have in them

The pstats provided seem to be from the beginning of the run, we need to see them for around the time it runs out of memory.

In the timeframe you are providing, maxrss remains constant, so memory use is not increasing.