On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 7:06 PM, David Lang <da...@lang.hm> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Mike Schleif wrote:
>
> action(type="omprog" template="RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat")
>>

> If I am reading you correctly, you are telling rsyslog to output the log
> message to a program, but don't specify what program to send it to.

OK, I understand what you are saying. I will remove that line.

The intent of that line was to replace this legacy action:

#### GLOBAL DIRECTIVES ####
# Use default timestamp format
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat

How ought I do that under globale directives?

> You should have a complaint at startup because of this, but rsyslog cannot
> write any log messages as a result of this error.

No, there is no complaint I see at startup.

Why will this suppress SSH logging (authpriv), but, not suppress any other
logging?