Thanks Rainer and David

About this: is there any option/planned feature to ensure message has been delivered before marking it as processed?

eg: tell source message has been acknowledged when target has stored the event
    source--->relp--->rsyslog--->kafka

This would be "as easy as" not moving the reading cursor from files for imfile status. (devil in details)