Hi all,

I have two syslog servers at different sites which are receiving logs from
client nodes configured on various sites. All of my client nodes are
configured to send logs to both of these syslog servers. But whenever my
client node gets disconnected to any one of the server node, then the
rsyslog service stops the local logging of the system(i.e is logging into
/var/log/messages etc.) as well.

Here is the rsyslog.conf configuration for my client nodes:

$ModLoad imfile
$ModLoad imuxsock # provides support for local system logging (e.g. via
logger command)
$ModLoad imjournal # provides access to the systemd journal
$DefaultNetstreamDriverCAFile /etc/ssl/rsyslog/ca.pem
$DefaultNetstreamDriver gtls
$ActionSendStreamDriverAuthMode anon
$ActionSendStreamDriverMode 1
$WorkDirectory /var/lib/rsyslog
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf
$OmitLocalLogging on
$IMJournalStateFile imjournal.state
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure
mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog
cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron
*.emerg                                                 :omusrmsg:*
uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler
local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;auth.none;kern.none;local7.none
  @@172.17. XXX.XXX :11514
authpriv.*    @@172.17. XXX.XXX :11514
auth.*        /var/log/audit/audit.log
auth.*        @@172.17. XXX.XXX :11514
kern.*        @@172.17. XXX.XXX :11514
mail.*        @@172.17. XXX.XXX :11514
cron.*        @@172.17. XXX.XXX :11514
local7.*      @@172.17. XXX.XXX :11514
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;auth.none;kern.none;local7.none
  @@10.237. XXX.XXX :11514
authpriv.*    @@10.237.XXX.XXX:11514
auth.*        @@10.237. XXX.XXX :11514
kern.*        @@10.237. XXX.XXX :11514