Hello everyone,

I have noticed that it is not possible to put commands after a "stop"
anymore. In such a case we have the following error : "STOP is followed by
unreachable statements". It has been confirmed severa times namely through
this post : https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues/3668

In version 8.22.0, I used this feature to stop parsing the rsyslog.conf
file standard directives and use the dynamic ones set by my program. I did
this because, until my program is not started, I want rsyslog to log
everything the standard way.

Here is how I did it:

   - Inside the standard rsyslog.conf file, I just replaced *$IncludeConfig
   /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf*  with a volatile memory temporary folder
*$IncludeConfig
   /tmp/syslog/*.conf*

Thus

1. Until my program is not running, There is no conf files inside
*$IncludeConfig
/tmp/syslog/*.conf * and so rsyslog uses the standard way

#### RULES (Not processed when my program is runnning)####

# Log all kernel messages to the console.
# Logging much else clutters up the screen.
#kern.*                                                 /dev/console

# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
# Don't log private authentication messages!
*.debug;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages

# The authpriv file has restricted access.
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.*                                                  /var/log/maillog

that
# Log cron stuff
cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron

# Everybody gets emergency messages
*.emerg                                                 :omusrmsg:*

# Save news errors of level crit and higher in a special file.
uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log

2. My program populates *$IncludeConfig /tmp/syslog/ *with several conf
files for different targets and facilities. At the end, it creates a file
only containing "STOP" command that prevents rsyslog to continue processing
the standard rules

It's a shame that "STOP is followed by unreachable statements" is an error
and not a warning... Thus I could have let my program as it is ;-)...

Anyway, I'm opened to change the way I did. Any suggestion would be welcomed

Best regards,

Thomas