I'm having a distributed setup using a central "collector" and many
"small" rsyslog instances receiving events on remote locations.

Those small sites send events "upstream" using TLS-protected RELP with
mutual cert-based authentication.

Problem is, I used to have trustchain working like that: "CA1 -> CA2 ->
CA3 -> client cert". And it worked for many clients (around two dozens, I
believe). I had "CA1 -> CA2 -> CA3" provided as trust chain on both side
of the connection (both in imrelp and omrelp configuration as tls.CACert
parameter) and just gave plain client cert as tls.MyCert.

Worked great until now because I sudenly created CSR to the CA and got in
response a cert with a different chain - "CA2 -> CA4 -> client cert".
Obviously when I configure my client with this cert, it's not valid
becaues  the CA4 cert cannot be authenticated by the other end.

Do I have any other option than to simply reconfigure all ends to use CA1
as CACert and append CAs to client certs to make them chained certs? Of
course since I have already many clients deployed I'd really like to avoid
that but if there's no other choice.

I'm using:

# rpm -q rsyslog

rsyslog-8.2001.0-3.el7.x86_64