El 5/5/24 a las 22:02, David Lang escribió:
I only need filter by source, but all fields (FROMHOST, HOSTNAME, FROMHOST-IP...) that can give me any information are useless because appears Docker host IP, not real source host IP, and I cannot populate fromhost (I've probed, anyway).

which end is on docker? the sender or the receiver?

Docker is the host of Rsyslog Server container (receiver) which is Server.
Sender is the old system.

if fromhost-ip isn't useful, then fromhost won't be either as it's a lookup from fromhost-ip

what is the sending system?

David Lang

PROGRAMNAME, SYSLOGTAG, APP-NAME... give me app name not source hostname information.

I have put "$PreserveFQDN on" directive thinking that it could be useful. I'll remove it.