As this is an event generated by a process external to the rsyslog itself you
don't have access to its environment variables. If something isn't passed in
the contents of the event you cannot recreate it from thin air. BTW sudo should
be logging which user is doing sudo (and you should be granting sudo according
to the least privileges principle)

Dnia 6 maja 2024 13:34:32 CEST, Kees de Jong via rsyslog
<rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com> napisał/a:
>Hi,
>

>I want to include the variable $SUDO_USER to an rsyslog template. Is
>that even possible? The reason I want to include is because the
>`syslog_history` shell option allows sending Bash commands through
>rsyslog, but it contains only info as shown below:
>
>May  2 16:32:55 computer1 -bash[1982667]: HISTORY: PID=1982667
>UID=414223 ls
>
>If the above would be e.g. UID=0 (root), because someone became root,
>then it would be good to know in the logging who became root. By
>including the $SUDO_USER variable, I can relate a root shell to the
>actual user. I can't seem to find this in the docs, the only variable
>stuff I can find is for including configurations, not system variables.
>

>--
>Kees de Jong | Supercomputing | https://www.surf.nl/en/about-surf
>OpenPGP fingerprint: 0x0E45C98AB51428E6

-- Wysłane za pomocą K-9 Mail.