Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of rsyslog version 8.2408.0!

The latest rsyslog release, version 8.2408.0, introduces significant
improvements to reliability, security, and functionality. By enhancing
error handling for the omkafka module and providing more detailed
connection error messages in imtcp, users can now troubleshoot and resolve
issues more efficiently. A notable addition to the security landscape is
the new "ossl" crypto provider, offering an alternative and robust
encryption method. Moreover, a critical bug affecting the net subsystem,
which prevented the acceptance of certain configuration statements, has
been rectified. These enhancements collectively contribute to a more
stable, secure, and versatile rsyslog experience.

For a complete and detailed list of changes, please refer to the official
changelog. We encourage you to upgrade to rsyslog v8.2408.0 to benefit from
the improvements and the resolved issues.

ChangeLog:
https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog

Download:
https://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/