I've been playing around with converting some of the mason components to utf-8, but I've found I keep getting the BOM (byte-order-marker) displayed on the page (as two rubbish characters preceeding the components output). I can save files as BOMless (using ultraedit), which seems to solve the problem, but it doesn't seem like a very sensible solution.

Does Mason support modules in utf-8 ? Is it a system setting (I'm using freebsd)? I have the mason baboon book, but I can't find anything about unicode, utf-8 or internationalization there. I know the po files are utf8, but since I'm (admittedly short-signtedly) writing only for a German-language site, I'd prefer not to have to put everything in the po files.

Any help much appreciated.

Boldra

Greencircle