John Arends wrote:
I'm curious what type of machine people here using to run RT as well as what sort of database, and if the machines have anything else running on them.

At the moment I'm thinking about running the RT instance in a VMWare server pointing the database to our departmental MySQL server.

I've built a pair of MySQL servers configured for circular replication as VMware images, and have both my production and development RT systems running as VMware images also. It works just peachy, though I will admit that I don't have a very large database.