This is something I pondered over , few time in the past ..
for moving the tickets possibly have a look at Ruslan's RTx::Shredder as a starting point (the principle of that module is to delete tickets, however I think you can modify it to copy the tickets else where before deleting them). The problems/obstacle then is how to search tickets that you have moved to the archive??
Roy

Philip Kime wrote:
Finally I have set up a spare RT server which I'd like to archive off
tickets older than, say, a year, in order to clean up the DB. I have a
few ideas about how to do this but has anyone done anything like this?
What I need is an automated procedure to move tickets more than a year
old to a different server/DB/RT instance. This probably needs doing at
an RT API level to catch all the links etc.
PK --
Philip Kime
NOPS Systems Architect
310 401 0407