Thanks for your reply on this, Joe.

At 09:03 AM 3/2/2007, Joe Casadonte wrote:
On 3/1/2007 3:16 PM, Gene LeDuc wrote:

Is this a bug or expected behavior? Have I given the Requestor role the appropriate rights?

Just eyeballing it, it looks OK. Have you tried turning on debugging and looking in the log?

Debugging is on, but there's nothing useful in the log. What should I be looking for? Here's what gets logged when my unprivileged requestor logs in and tries to display an outgoing e-mail:

[Fri Mar 2 18:46:29 2007] [info]: Successful login for [EMAIL PROTECTED] from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (/opt/local/share/html/autohandler:256)

That's it. It's only logging the successful login, none of the actions taken after the login. There are other [debug] level entries in the log, mostly about parsing dates, but nothing related to this user displaying ticket data. From Configuration>Tools>System Configuration:
RT::LogDir /opt/local/var/log
RT::LogToFile debug
RT::LogToFileNamed rt.log
RT::LogToScreen error
RT::LogToSyslog debug

I also tried setting the ShowOutgoingEmail right globally for both Requestor and Unprivileged, but no joy.

2. Another question, only vaguely related: Is there a way for this unprivileged user to change the random password he was assigned?

I think they need to modify self privilege to do that.

Thanks for that, I wasn't thinking globally. I had to set the mod_self right for Unprivileged, setting it for Requestor had no effect. I guess Requestor rights do not trump Unprivileged rights.

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC
Security Analyst