Hello,

We had a request from a user who wanted to make her group's saved searches available to people outside of her group. I wondered if I could do this simply through permissions, so I looked in the Group Rights section of my user's group. Sure enough there's a "ShowSavedSearches" right in there. This looked just what I wanted, but assigning the right to someone outside the group doesn't make group's saved searches visible to the user.

I checked the Query Builder code and it appears that you only see saved searches for groups of which you are a member - which is why the permissions didn't work for me.

So my question is what is the purpose of the "ShowSavedSearches" right on the group? Where is it used?

This is RT 3.4.2.

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)