On May 10, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Mike Friedman wrote:

Am I misunderstanding something, or is it the case that, if RT is running with mod_perl, the mason cache is automatically cleared on each apache restart, assuming I'm not running with 'DevelMode' on? That's what the code in webmux.pl seems to be doing.

Over the years, I've seen many comments reminding someone to clear the mason cache in addition to restarting RT, when making certain kinds of changes. But now I'm wondering about this, at least in a mod_perl environment.

In a mod_perl environemnt, this _should_ be taken care of automatically. In a FastCGI environment, we can't do it this way or each new fastcgi that started would blow away the cache...right out from under the other processes.