At Wednesday 6/27/2007 05:49 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
To all,

I was under the assumption that any global scrip applied to all queues, but that if one created a "queue only" scrip with the same name, the global scrip would be ignored. I have a global scrip that states:

name: Notify other recipients on correspond
condition: on correspond
action: notify other recipients
template: global template: correspondence
stage: TransactionCreate

I have duplicated this scrip by name for queue "GL":

name: Notify other recipients on correspond
condition: on correspond
action: notify other recipients as comment
template: global template: correspondence
stage: TransactionCreate

The difference is the "as comment" part. I thought the "as comment" meant that an E_mail will NOT go out (otherwise, why have that difference?). I made this second scrip because out of 50+ queues, the owner of the GL queue does not want this type of notification. So, I thought by creating the second scrip, it would resolve the problem. IT doesn't work. The AdminCc and the CC watchers still get E_mail on correspondence. Anyone have a clue as to why? Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL

Hello Kenn,

Neither of these scrips should notify watchers - 'other recipients' are one-time recipients that you'd type on the reply screen. So I'd say the notifications you see are coming from another scrip.

Also - "as comment" means that the mail will be sent with the queue's comment address as the return address. So if someone replies, their reply will come back to the ticket as a comment.

Steve