On Jul 23, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Richmond, Raymond wrote:

Good morning. Built a new 3.8.0 install on Debian and have run into a problem getting WebExternalAuth to work. Everything works with it disabled, and I can confirm that when it is enabled that a valid REMOTE_USER is presented in the environment variables but RT refuses to pick up on it (or I am missing something that is different in 3.8 that worked in 3.6) and falls back to internal authentication.

I see REMOTE_USER = testuser in my environment, and testuser is setup as username as well as Unix Login in user identity.

Nothing shows up in debug log except for “Successful login” when I fall back to internal auth.

Can you send along the system configuration information that you'd see if you clicked Configuration -> Tools in RT? That will tell us everything about your configuration that we should need to know.

Best,
Jesse