Hello,

I have a (happily) running RT 3.6.5 with approx 300,000 tickets in it and a
database of size of around 9 Gig (lots of attachments sadly). I have the
application upgraded, but when I try and run the schema upgrade in my test
environment it is taking forever (for values of forever which equate to around
6 days anyway):

# perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl rt3 root "password > ~/sql.queries
# time `mysql -p rt3 < ~/sql.queries`
Enter password:

real 8727m23.622s
user 0m0.012s
sys 0m0.004s

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this faster? I have tried
to optimise MySQL as much as possible, but I am not a db expert and obviously
there is something wrong. Nb. The test environment is actually more powerful
than the production one after having shutdown evey VM on the machine and
ensured I was only running this for the time it took.
--
Cheers,
David