The only thing I can think of is that your RT name isn't the same in the
subject line... so it thinks the [rtname #rtnumber] isn't anything
related to RT.

Does the new ticket have a subject line that has the tag of the old
ticket in it?

By tag I mean the [rtname #rtnumber] in the subject line? or does RT
strip that out?

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON   P7B 5E1
Phone: 807.766.7331
Email: mike.john...@normed.ca
Technology assistance: email nosmhelpd...@normed.ca
Technology Emergency Contact (TEC) Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm excluding stat
holidays:
Off campus toll free 1-800-461-8777, option 8, or locally either
(705)-662-7120 or (807)-766-7500

>>> "Sune K. Bech" <skb...@bio.ku.dk> 11/11/2009 2:00 pm >>>

Hi

I have a problem that is driving me nuts, I have just installed the
latest RT, using almost default settings.

When a user writes to reque...@myisp.com an ticket gets created and he
gets an email greeting reply where the ticket number is in the subject,
if the user then replies
to this email he gets a new ticket and a new email reply.

The desired result was that if the user replied to a  existing ticket,
his reply is added as an comment to the existing ticket.

I have also tried to create an extra email for the comments, called
requests_comm...@myisp.com and configured the “Reply Address” and
“Comment Address” but still no success, I get an new ticket every
time.

I am using fetchmail

# reque...@myisp.com
poll 192.11.11.11
protocol pop3
username requests password Bla Bla
mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action correspond --url
http://www.myisp.com/rt/";
no keep

poll 192.11.11.11
protocol pop3
username requests_comment password Bla Bla
mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action comment --url
http://www.myisp.com/rt/";
no keep

What am I doing wrong.

Best regards