On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 11:40:32AM -0800, David Griffith wrote:
>> Go to http://foobar.com/rt and you see the RT login screen.  Login as an
>> unprivileged user (Alice).  The username and password field will blank
>> out.  Type in Alice's username and password again, and you'll be logged in
>> as Alice.  That's the first part of the bug.
>
> What happens at http://foobar.com/rt/ vs /rt
> Also, what is your URL after the initial failed login?

Trailing slash makes no difference.  The URL after initial failed login is
http://foobar.com/rt/SelfService/

>> The second part is when you type in the username-password the second
>> time.  If at that point you attempt to log in as a privileged user,
>> you'll log in, but your permissions are that of an unprivileged user.
>
> This sounds like the initial login worked enough to get you redirected
> to /rt/SelfService/ which would certainly make it appear that you're
> an unprivileged user when you then log in as Bob (the privileged user)

I see.  Any ideas of what's going on?

In other news, I'm having trouble with getting 3.8.6 installed on Debian
Lenny.  Make testdeps keeps giving me this:

SOME DEPENDENCIES WERE MISSING.
FASTCGI missing dependencies:
         CGI >= 3.38 ...MISSING
                 CGI version 3.38 required--this is only version 3.29
make: *** [testdeps] Error 1

I'm very keen to get this installed alongside my existing RT setup rather
than replacing it and having it go kablooie.

--
David Griffith
dgri...@cs.csubak.edu