By gosh, I say that works! Somebody oughta put that in the wiki.

On 6/23/2010 5:39 AM, borngunn...@aol.com wrote:
use the root password as the initial password for the new user and change the password with the new one that you want for the user.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerry <kpenl...@bigtube.net>
To: rt-users <rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 22, 2010 4:18 pm
Subject: [rt-users] Can't change the password on new user

Hi folks,
I'm new to RT, I've just installed ver 3.8.8 and when I add a user it adds the user ok but when trying to modify that user and entering a new password I get the results
Results

    * Please enter your current password. Password has not been set.

I looked in the database table and the password has *NO_PASSWORD* in the password field but I have been unsuccesful at adding a password for a new user.
I have both checkboxes checked.
Access control
Let this user access RT
Let this user be granted rights