>I am looking to add the 'Take' ticket option in a custom query that filters
new tickets based on building location. Creating the query is the easy part
but I have not been able to figure out how to add the 'Take' option to the
query output.

You can add the following in the Format  and you will have the "Take it"
link in your results:

'<a href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?Action=Take&amp;id=__id__">Take
it!</a>/TITLE:Take'

RT Training in Washington DC, USA on Oct 25 & 26 2010
Last one this year -- Learn how to get the most out of RT!