On May 29, 2012, at 4:32 PM, Nathan Baker wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> We've upgraded from RT 3.8.8 with MySQL to RT 4.0.5 (debian package) with
> Postgresql, and are having some performance issues with the web interface.
> I've searched the list archives and Google, and haven't been able to find the
> issue.  I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.
> Basically, the first time I visit any page (Home, Display, etc.) it takes 3-5
> seconds to load, and sometimes 10-15 seconds.  If I keep clicking on other
> links as soon as the pages load, it's fast and loads pages in 0.2 - 0.3
> seconds.  If I wait for about 15-30 seconds and then click a link again, it
> takes 3-5 seconds to load again.  Updating tickets seems to consistently take
> 3-5 seconds.

We're seeing similar performance regression after an upgrade from 4.0.0rc5 to
4.0.5. I just loaded a very short ticket for the first time, it took 16
seconds. I did a reload on the page, and it took less than 2 seconds. I also
went to Tickets -> New Search, and it took a full 20 seconds to load.
Subsequent reloads of that page were essentially immediate. Within 10 minutes
of not using RT much, opening a few tickets etc but then letting it sit idle
for 10 minutes, going back to Tickets->New Search once again took 20 seconds to
load, and was fast on subsequent loads

Have I misconfigured or broken some cache mechanism?

Our support staff have complained of a variety of long hangs/pauses like this
and I still haven't pinned it down enough much more than I outline above. Our
setup is very vanilla, MySQL with very little customization of RT ... if
there's instructions anywhere on how to figure out what's consuming all the
time I'd be happy to dig into it and report back here. I've been meaning to try
some of the other ways to invoke RT, we're using apache+FastCGI right now, but
there just hasn't been time. Perhaps the next time I'm waiting for query
builder to load ... ;-)

-d