On 09/19/2012 04:59 PM, Mister Guru wrote:
> So far we have the basic packages required to install RT, now I'm going
> to begin working on configuration of the install. I'm open to
> suggestions and comments, good or bad :)
>
> The aim is to get this working on RPM and DEB platforms. Any feedback
> and input is welcome. In a few days, when some more progress has been made,
> I'll spread the word on the devel lists

I think you'll find it easier to achieve cross-platform installation if
you abandon dist-specific packages of RT and install RT itself from
source (via puppet, of course).

I'd also suggest starting with version 4 not 3.8; 3.8 is approaching end
of life. [1]

[1] http://blog.bestpractical.com/2012/08/release-scheduling.html

--------
Final RT training for 2012 in Atlanta, GA - October 23 & 24
  http://bestpractical.com/training

We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs