Noted it. Thanks Kevin.

Re,

On Sunday 27 January 2013 10:51 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 07:04:11PM +0530, Subin wrote:
    1. Took the previous RT 3 offline and configured mail redirect.
    2. Re-compiled mysql-server 5.1 with 'sphinx' storage engine(sphinxse)
       for enabling fulltext support for RT 4.
    3. Installed RT 4 and restored the previous database backup. It was
       successful and the new RT interface was working fine after restoring
       mail flow. All good.

    However I didn't enable fulltext although I compiled mysql with sphinxse
support.
    I chose it to do another time since I wasn't sure of what all the RT tables
to index
    and was a bit unsure of Sphinx stuff.

    So my question is:

    Q) If I intended to enable fulltext with RT4 later on like as mentioned
here:

[1]http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/docs/4.0/full_text_indexing.html#Creating-and-configuring-the-index1
       starting from the step "sbin/rt-setup-fulltext-index --dba root
--dba-password secret"
    would I be need to take RT
       offline like I did for the upgrade?
I would recommend taking the webserver down. That script creates a new
table in your database. You'll need to make the table, add in the
configuration, restart apache, run an initial index, etc. These are all
things best tested in a development environment and then deployed during
a scheduled downtime.

-kevin