Everything seems to work smoothly:

root@ubuntu:/# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 53
Server version: 5.5.38-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 (Ubuntu)

-----blablabla-----

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| rt3                |
| rt4                |
+--------------------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> use rt4;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+-------------------------+
| Tables_in_rt4           |
+-------------------------+
| ACL                     |
| Attachments             |
| Attributes              |
| CachedGroupMembers      |
| CustomFieldValues       |
| CustomFields            |
| GroupMembers            |
| Groups                  |
| Links                   |
| Principals              |
| Queues                  |
| ScripActions            |
| ScripConditions         |
| Scrips                  |
| Sessions                |
| Templates               |
| TicketCustomFieldValues |
| Tickets                 |
| Transactions            |
| Users                   |
20 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Before you ask: the 'rt4' database was created by me simply typing
'create database rt4;', because the upgrade process needs it, but it
will not create it for you. That is why I have both 'rt3' and 'rt4'.