On 27.06.2016 21:31, Jim Brandt wrote:
On 6/27/16 1:38 PM, Jim Brandt wrote:
Hey and thank you for your answer,

I am using RT 4.4

<%init>
warn 'set checks_failure => 1';
$checks_failure = 1;
</%init>
<%args>
$checks_failure => undef
</%args>

I expected every update to fail, but when I add a reply the ticket is
updated with "correspondence added".

I noticed that outside of the Callback component $checks_failure value
is 0. And that seems to be the cause while changing checks_failure
inside of the callback doesnt have an effect. Is there a reason why
$checks_failure isnt passed by reference?

I dont want to add code to Ticket/Update.html because I want to make a
maintainable extension that isnt lost in case of an RT upgrade.

Hmm, yeah, that's strange. Everything else is passed by reference, we
may need to look into changing that.

In the meantime, you could update just that line to pass $checks_failure
by reference to limit your changes to Update.html. Alternatively, you
could add another line that duplicates the existing callback but passes
checks_failure by reference. Then give it your own name for
CallbackName. That might make it easier to pull forward when upgrading.

Looking closer, I believe $skip_update was added just for this purpose
since it also can stop the update and is passed by reference. I think
setting $skip_update to 1 when you want to trigger the message should
do the trick.
---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR Training Sessions https://bestpractical.com/training
* Los Angeles - September, 2016