On 10 Oct 2016, at 19:56, Alex Hall wrote:

On Oct 10, 2016, at 18:18, Keith Edmunds <k...@midnighthax.com> wrote:

The 'update-rt-siteconfig' command still seems to be working on the 4.2.8
install, not the new 4.4.1.

update-alternatives(8)

Typing the (8) exactly as shown gives me a syntax error, while leaving it off offers options that don't appear to be what I'm after.

I believe that was a suggestion that you consult the documentation for "update-alternatives" in the system manual page collection, section 8. Or in command form:

man 8 update-alternatives

The "<topic>(<section>)" shorthand as a way to refer to man pages is traditional Unix-ese, derived from the page headers of the V7 Research Unix system manual (a thing made of actual paper.)
---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day!
https://bestpractical.com/training
* Boston - October 24-26
* Los Angeles - Q1 2017