On 25/10/16 12:18 PM, Reza wrote:
Greetings Jeff:

Thank you for your reply.

The use case for random IDs is quite simple. Ascending / serial number of IDs compromises confidentiality. End users would be able to guess how busy I could be with the amount of tickets answered. Its something I don't want to disclose. Almost ALL ticketing systems I have seen, have a random arbitrary numeric or alpha-numeric ID. Any other suggestions on how to approach not displaying an obvious number to end users?

Thanks!
Reza.

The increasing ticket number is baked into the Ticket table definition:
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

There's probably bits of code that assume this works this way.

Jeff
---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day!
https://bestpractical.com/training
* Boston - October 24-26
* Los Angeles - Q1 2017