I looked more closely at the difference. Outlook is stripping off the "Re: "
part of the message subject in the reply, whereas Gmail leaves it on. That's
the only difference I can find, but it must matter. I guess this is more an
Outlook question now, unless there's something I can change in RT to make it
not care about the Re: part of a reply?

Sent from my iPhone

---------