On 2014-06-05 15:20, Marcos Díaz wrote:
At first we started developing this bsp inside that folder. Although
it has many similarities with the lpc1778, it has other differences:
There isn't an external memory controller for our bsp.
The pinselect is very different for our board (it has more
similarities with the one for the lpc24xx). Also the GPIO
The start configuration for the main clock and the pll is quite
different. And other things

The macros used for the differentiation of those boards referred to
the CPU architecture (ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V4 ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V7M) and
in some cases we could use the functions for the lpc 24xx,in others
for the lpc1778, and in others new code.

We had this problem also on the Freescale MPC5500 and MPC5600 chips. This ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V4 and ARM_MULTILIB_ARCH_V7M could be replaced with something else. For example

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/mpc55xxevb/configure.ac

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/mpc55xx/include/regs.h

We created a macro for our
bsp, but we should have changed many other macros already placed. Our
Idea was to not break any existing code, since we can't test for the
other boards.
Is it still preferred to merge this new bsp with others?

I think there is a considerable amount of copy and paste involved here, but I didn't review it very closely. So in case you think it is infeasible to integrate this BSP into standard the LPC2400 and LPC1700 directory, then we can add your specialized BSP. My feeling is that this will generate more work in the long run though.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09