All season long, I have been indoctrinating my fiancee', Krista, on the game
of football in general and UA football in particular.  We started with the
basics:  the line of scrimmage, positions, penalties, etc.  We moved on
through the course of the year to more complex things:  defensive schemes,
formations, trick plays, and so forth.  In fact, last week on the way home
from the MSU game, we went into detail about a "safety blitz."  She has
learned a lot this season.

Tonight, after the AU game, I called her on the phone (she had to work).

"Sweetie, remember our conversations about football terminology?"

"Yes."

"Well, there is one more term you need to be familiar with.  It happened
tonight against Auburn.  It is very important, and a fairly complex football
concept, but I believe you can grasp it...

What happened tonight was called, in technical football terms, an
ASS-KICKING."

:-)

Congrats to our COACHES, to our PLAYERS, to everyone involved with the team,
and to all our NON-IDIOT fans that have supported this team through thick
and thin.  We all by-God deserved this win, and it was a damned good one.

ROLL TIDE!!

JRH