Never  trust weatherchannel  They get there weather
from Cleo ! I've beem looking at some model data and
after 4 pm is when the worst of the weather should
arive in bham. Looks for up to 3 inches of rain to
fall from 3pm to 10pm.  Be safe and slow down.  ROLL
TIDE

Forcast from the National Weather Service says.

Today
Breezy with showers and thunderstorms...mainly this
afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe with
damaging winds. Highs in the lower 70s. South wind 15
to 25 mph. Caution is advised on area lakes. Chance of
rain 100 percent.
 Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms this evening. Some
thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds. Lows
in the upper 40s. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance
of rain 100 percent

Special Weather statment 7am

Severe Storms Possible Today And Tonight Across Parts
Of North And Central Alabama...

A strong upper level storm system over southeast Texas
this morning will move eastward today...reaching
northwest Mississippi by tonight. At the surface...a
stationary front extended from western Tennessee
southward to central Louisiana. As the upper level
storm approaches Alabama...the front over Mississippi
will surge eastward and should enter the western
counties of the state during the late afternoon hours.

Ahead of the approaching front and upper level storm
system...strong southerly winds will continue to
transport moist...unstable air northward into western
Alabama. The front will interact with this unstable
air to trigger widespread thunderstorms over western
Alabama today...and across the rest of north and
central Alabama this this afternoon and this evening.

The Storm Prediction Center has placed a large portion
of west central Alabama under a moderate risk of
severe storms today and tonight. The remainder of
north and central Alabama is under a slight risk
through tonight. It now appears the best chance for
severe weather in west and northwest Alabama will be
from the mid morning through the mid afternoon hours.
Across the central and eastern counties...the best
chance of severe weather will be from mid afternoon
through the mid evening hours.

The primary threat with these storms will be damaging
straight line winds...lightning and hail.
However...isolated tornadoes are also
possible...particularly across west central Alabama
late this morning and this afternoon.

Locally heavy rainfall will also likely occur across
most of the area...but mainly across the northwest and
west central parts of the state. Isolated rainfall
amounts of 2 to 3 inches may occur in a short period
of time...possibly producing flash flooding.

Persons across north and central Alabama should keep
up to date on the latest weather
forecasts...statements...and possible warnings today
and tonight.

Storm spotters and emergency management personnel
should remain alert for changing weather conditions
today and tonight...and expect activation later today.

http://www.RollTideFan.net

=====