I am probably going to get slaughtered for this, but....

At the beginning of the season, I believed we could go 11-0.
11 games into the season, I still believe we could have gone 11-0.
If the team had played with the same intensity and desire in September that it played
with in November, Alabama would not be sitting around waiting for the Music City Bowl
officials to call - the Tide would be preparing for Florida.

Having said that, am I surprised that the team went 6-5?  A little, yes.
Disappointed?  Yes.  Devastated?  Nope.  Boston College will be a tough test for this
team, though.  A loss could be the beginning of a long off-season.  A win, though,
would give Bama - no, would CONTINUE - a lot of momentum heading into a VERY tough
schedule in 2002.

Let's not get caught up in celebrating a win over USM for too long.  We NEED to WIN
the Music City Bowl this time around.