----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick.McMahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [RollTideFan] A violation of Islamic beliefs? (non)

> Does anyone else find this a bit weird? What's going to happen when a
> police officer stops her and ask her to remove the veil to verify her
> identity? Does she have to comply since it is against her religious
> belief? Seems a little sticky, but I agree with the initial ruling here.

I'd suggest she not be riding around in the USA with a veil on in the
first place. Also, probably not a good idea to walk into a bank
looking like a terrorist. Basically, I would try to look as 'American'
as possible as long as I was in AMERICA. If she has a problem
with it, she can always get the fuck out of Dodge City.

Ambassador Slef