Subject: Government Contracting Practices

Three contractors were touring the White House on the same day.

One was from New York, another from Missouri, and the third from
Florida.

At the end of the tour, the guard asked
them what they did for a living.

When they each replied that they were contractors the guard said "Hey,
we need one of the rear fences redone. Why don't
you guys look at it and give me a bid."

So to the back fence they went...........

First up was the Florida contractor. He took out his tape measure and
pencil, did some measuring and said, "Well I figure the job will run
about $900. $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and $100 profit for
me."

Next was the Missouri contractor. He also took out his tape measure and
pencil, did some quick figuring and said, "Looks like I can do this Job
for $700. $300 for materials, $300 for my crew, and $100 profit for me."

Then the guard asks the New York contractor how much.

Without so much as moving the contractor said $2700.

The guard, incredulous, looks at him and says "You didn't even measure
like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high
figure?"

"Easy" says the contractor from New York, "$1,000 for me, $1,000 for you
and we hire the guy from Missouri."

Sorry bout that......  Cheers -VO-