As long as he doesn't come to BAMA, I don't give a shit about his contract.
Maybe he's got some sort of side deal going on with their loud mouth Prez.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 7:16 PM
Subject: [RollTideFan] For Leavitt, what's the bottom line?

> This St. Petersburg Times (http://www.sptimes.com) story has been sent to
you from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  Sound familiar????
>                      Jamie

-----------------

> http://www.sptimes.com/2003/09/17/Columns/For_Leavitt__what_s_t.shtml
>
> For Leavitt, what's the bottom line?
>
> © St. Petersburg Times, published 2003-09-17 09:00:00 Etc/GMT
>

>    Three letters in the first name, one dot. Seven in the surname, with
that tricky silent a and the double t at the end. Still, he's written it
enough to know where to put the loops and the swirls.
autograph. Yet, the contract remains signature-free. And every day it
remains so, it scores lower and lower on the smell test.</p>
Genshaft stood beside Leavitt and director of athletics Lee Roy Selmon, and
hands were shaken and backs were patted and you could smell glee in the
morning. The new contract had taken more than a year, but all of them had
what they wanted, and who they wanted, and they all were going to live
happily ever after.</p>
$4.3-million contract isn't signed.</p>
Ominous, even?</p>
company says, no, don't go. Please stay. If you do, we'll double your
salary.</p>
Speaking for myself, the last time I was offered more money, I nearly ripped
the raise papers out of my boss' hands. I signed as if I were signing the
Declaration of Independence.</p>
has made a point not to do so and, in not doing so, is making another
one.</p>
week. Yet, Leavitt doesn't have the second and a half it takes to write his
10 letters?</p>
want something more? Is someone offering something less? And will ever after
be as long as we thought?</p>
just shrugs and says, "it'll get done." Which, of course, means it isn't
done, which it was supposed to be.</p>
coaches' contracts take nine months.</p>
understand it to be. That's all I know. As far as I know, the major items in
the contract have been agreed upon. I'm confident it will get done pretty
quickly."</p>
contracts are worked out over a weekend. Heck, Oklahoma's Bob Stoops signs a
new contract about every third week, doesn't he?</p>
out that Leavitt has signed a short form and is getting paid according to
the new deal). The length is firm. The incentive clauses are done. After
that, it's just a matter of the attorneys clearing the table.</p>
contract, Alabama has hired a coach, fired him and hired another. UCLA,
Washington, Washington State, Oregon State and Baylor have hired new
coaches. And Kentucky, Utah, Louisville, Michigan State and East Carolina.
Wake Forest, Duke, Rutgers, Iowa State and UCF have agreed on extensions
with their coaches.</p>
the desert on a pact with no name?</p>
Leavitt, that doesn't feel right. If he was driven by money, he would have
gone to the NFL long ago, and he would have chased the Alabama job like a
sprinter at the finish line.</p>
has the largest escape hatch in college football. His buyout clause is
$50,000, an absurdly low figure. Mike Price tips more that that. Rick
Neuheisel bets more. (By comparison, Tommy Tuberville has a $3-million
buyout clause at Auburn. Given Auburn's start, that's bound to come up.)</p>
athletic department? The 20-page contract addresses a pool for them, too.
Could it be about the new athletic facility? The recruiting budget?</p>
tough, and college football comes with a bit of sticker shock. Still, that
was the choice USF made when it decided to play football, isn't it?</p>
a great fit. As coaches go, Leavitt is a little different, particularly with
the path he has chosen. USF, given its age and its ambition, is a little
different, too. This is where he belongs.</p>
program. If either side isn't living up to the agreement, that's the first
step toward trouble.</p>
it about. Eventually, other teams are going to tempt him.</p>